Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Happy Birthday Shaker

Hello Stamping Friends!


It's my day once again to post on the Honey Bee Stamps Blog!!  

But on a sad note, it is my last day! :(  
I've really enjoyed designing with Honey Bee Stamps!  Melissa has so many amazing stamp sets to choose from!  And best of all they can be mixed and matched together so wonderfully!!

To finish up my term, I decided to create a shaker card, as I love creating them so much!

Back last August I created a tutorial for those who didn't know how to create shaker cards, you can find it here for reference.

I started by first deciding I wanted to create a Birthday card.  So I die cut a star border on both the top and bottom of my card base.
 I then added the die cut piece back into the openings, added some acetate and my fun sentiment!

 I love, love, love the Happy Everything stamp set!!!  I used the bold Happy along with the large swirly Birthday sentiment! I really like the beautiful font used for the Birthday!  I also added the "to you", from the set as well!!


I used the Country Wreath stamp set to add the fun starts around the sentiment!

Here's a look at the back side of my card after I added the foam and sequins:
 As you can see, I thought it would be fun to add a bunch of foam to create separate openings for the sequins so I could have each star a separate color!! 


My finished card:
 I had so much fun with this card!  


I think the stamped stars really work well with the sentiment!! I especially like the single star at the end of the "y" on birthday!!

At first glance a person could almost think that the stars and sentiment were all one!!  Rather than 5 separate stamps!!   
The Star Line die cut is from Frantic Stamper!!  Such a fun star border die!!

"Bee" sure to check out all the lovely products Honey Bee Stamps has to offer!
Happy Stamping!!




----------------------------


1 comment:

T Pham said...

Love your shaker card. Looks like a lot of work and it turned out amazing.