Monday, September 7, 2015

Stencil Fun with IBS

Good Morning Inspired By Stamping Friends!!

I am on the Inspired By Stamping Blog today!

I love the Flower of the Month: Poppies set!!
Which is why I decided to have some fun with it again!!
Here is a look at the card I created:
Isn't it fun?!
 
A look at my process:
 
I started by using the matching .svg file to cut the image of the poppy out.
In this case, I wanted the negative part. (Although it the end I could have used the regular piece, but didn't find that out at first!)

I picked out a fun stencil I wanted to use and taped it down to keep it in place.  Then I had some fun with my distress inks.

This was a moment, when my vision didn't end up being what it looked like.  I wasn't completely happy with the result, I really liked it, but for some reason it really bugged me.
Before I completely gave up on this idea, I sat and thought about it for a little bit.  I realized what bugged me, was the space between the stems.  Having the stenciled design in that part, I believe kind of distracted me from the pretty image.  So I decided to fussy cut around the entire image as well as some of the space between the stems. 
 
I was MUCH happier with the result then.  So thankful I didn't give up on my first idea. 

I used a black mat to really make the flower stand out more.

Close-Up:
Isn't the flower beautiful and different?!
I sure have been having fun using stencils!!

I really like how this card ended up turning out!!

Even though I was a little worried at first!!

------------------------

Be sure to check out the Inspired By Stamping Blog for more wonderful inspiration!!

Check out the Inspired By Stamping Store to see all the lovely stamp sets!
So many beautiful sets to choose from!!

Have a lovely day!
Happy Stamping!





------------------------

Inspired by Stamping Supplies & Tools-01




2 comments:

Georgiana said...

I like that you cut the area by the stems too...adds a little more dimension. Very cool with the stencil pattern.

Scrapper69 said...

Hi Kendra! Sorry I've been MIA this past week... Had surgery.... Slowly starting to feel better and can only be sitting for short periods.... wanted to pop in and say Hi and tell ya how pretty your card is... LOVE the swirls on the flower.... Simply Lovely! :) Have a great day!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations