Sunday, April 1, 2012

MTE April Release

Today is April's release at My Thoughts Exactly!!

Here's a look at the sets being released:

There's a total of 4 sets being released.  The 2 sets pictured above will be available in both big and mini sizes!!

 
You should have come from Jessica's blog, if not please start at the My Thoughts Exactly Blog, as you don't want to miss out on all the wonderful inspiration!!

I created two cards for today's release; 1 birthday card and 1 graduation card.

----------------------------------

First I created a graduation card for my brother-in-law's girlfriend! 

I used the More Mini Thoughts set for this card.

I just love how it turned out:
Yay, me for having her card done already!!  I knew when I got this set it would be perfect!


I added some CI Paint shimmer on Mango to the dots on the numbers to give me a little shimmer!
----------------------------------

Next I created a card using the Big Thoughts set!

I love how this little boy card turned out!  Especially since I didn't have much time to create it!  My Father-In-Law asked me to create a 1st Birthday card for a little boy...30 minutes before he needed!  So I quickly put this one together!  And I think it turned out pretty cute!

I just LOVE the sets being releaseed today!  They are so much fun to work with!!

----------------------------------

Your next stop on our blog hop is Lenae from Sugar Gem Crafts!

Here's a look at the entire list of talented ladies:
Alyssa
Ashley
Bee
Belinda
Benedicte
Jennifer
Jessica
Kendra <------ You are Here
Lenae
Tracy
Becki (April Guest Designer)


Make sure to leave comments along the way!  Alyssa, will be giving away an April release bundle to one lucky commenter!  You will get an entry for each comment you leave, one for each of our blogs!

Have a wonderful day!

22 comments:

Tracy said...

Stunning Kendra adore them both!!
Happy hip hop day.
hugs
xoxox

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

Terrific cards! I might have to scraplift the grad one for my nephew!

Brigit Mann said...

Both cards turned out great!!

SugarGem said...

Totally cute Kendra! Great use of the stamps.

Bee's hive said...

I love your cards, I needed your inspiration when I had to make graduation cards for 4 years! But it appears now I'm safe in the inspiration area for the next couple of years! Great work!

Anonymous said...

You always create wonderful cards!! Love the graduation one

Bee's Zen Garden said...

Great cards! :-D The graduation one packs a lot of punch! :-)

Kasi said...

Ooh, both are great!!!

jessica said...

Beautiful job Kendra! Love both your fun cards!
TFS
Jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
eschfamily@yahoo.com

CityGirl Planners said...

You created that beautiful card that quickly?!?! It takes me days, darn it. Love your cards, TFS!

Jen Summers said...

The graduation card is wonderful...and the new stamp set too!

Ashley Newell said...

These are fabulous! I love the multiple sentiments you used on the second card, so clever!

Carolyn said...

Great cards. Incredible job on the 30 minute card. It takes me longer than that just to pick the paper.
Both cards also show how versatile the new stamps sets are. I can see them being added to my mini stamp collection.

Unknown said...

wonderful cards! You would never guess that card was made in 30 minutes!

onetwstdngel@hotmail.com

Theresa said...

Love your cards, Kendra!

elizabeth said...

Love that graduation card! Great job.

Sherri said...

wow, how nice. like the big number.s

Chelsea said...

How sweet that your FIL asked you to make him a card. It turned out really well.

mtscrapgal said...

Great cards Kendra. Your style is so pleasing. Thanks for the inspiration.

Stephanie said...

I love the graduation one--I have a brother graduating from optometry school this May, so I need those :) I also love your painted sponge technique in the above post--such a cool look!

scrappydappydoodler said...

OMG, I love the grad card. I love orange and that looks so crisp and fresh. scrappydappydoodler at yahoo dot com

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Love the colors on your project...fantastic new release!