Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Blow Out Your Candles...

Good morning!  I have a very simple birthday card I created with some Creative Clear Stamps and my Cricut to share with you this morning!

For this card I used the sentiment single "Cake on Fire".
But I decided I wanted to use it a little differently and show you how you can get uses out of your stamps in different ways.

I used a post-it note to cover up parts of the stamps so I could ink it up without getting all the words.
I first stamped the first line "Blow out your", cleaned off the stamp and then masked it again to just get the word "candles" on the second line.

I stamped it on the front of the card to just read "Blow out your candles".
I used the end of a paint brushed dipped in the ink I used to add the little dots after the sentiment.  The candles were cut from my Cricut.

 I didn't want to used "before the cake starts on fire" so that I could use this for a younger girls birthday.
 The inside sentiment was made in Word and printed out.

Lastly, I added some shimmer to the candles. 
Hope you've liked my post today.

Have a nice day!

Kendra

--------------------------------------

No comments: