Sunday, December 12, 2010

CI Paints Star Challenge


Inspired by: Stars

"Each week you will be given a challenge to find inspiration in/from what ever the challenge theme is... you can be as literal or abstract in your inspiration as you want... Just make sure you can tie it back to the theme!"

Join us, we'd love to see what you create, plus you have a chance of winning 5 jars of your choice!
Here's what I created this week:
A layout for my daughter's album! I used a combination of Cricut cuts, stamps and stickers for this layout!  Plus my favorite...CI PAINTS!!

 I used Cricut cart "Lyrical Letters" to cut out "I wished"  then used CI Paint "FAIRY DUST" to add shimmer to the letters. I used "D'vine Swirl" Cuttlebug folder to emboss the gold star and CI Paint "Amethyst" to cover the purple star and "Ivory" to cover the white star.

 I used CI Paint "LIGHT PURPLE" to cover the bottom star and "IVORY" for the top star. And I used "Swiss Dots" to emboss the middle star.  I didn't want to use the paints on all the stars, as I thought it might end up being too much if I did that.

I have been scrapping for a long time and millions of sticker letters yet!  So with this layout my goal was to use a few.  "upon a STAR" was created with stickers. I wanted to add shimmer to the word "STAR" so on the sticker sheet I painted the letters I wanted to use first with CI Paint "Buttercup".


Hope you join us this week for our "STAR" challenge!

We are stranded in the house!  We got almost a foot of snow!!
So we've been getting ready for Christmas and playing house! :)  My son loves cooking me meals and his sister's kitchen set!

Have a nice day!

Kendra

2 comments:

Creative Inspirations said...

That photo is so stinkin cute!!!! Love the sparkle on your layout. Enjoy your snow!

Avra Williams said...

This is so pretty!
Good luck with all that snow!